Re: gnote-3.15.0 tray icon removed!

On 17/02/15 07:18, Pietro Battiston wrote:
- I have GNote always open (in a workspace which I use seldomly), as far
as I can see there is no reason why now GNote should not be launched at
boot,
OK, I can see that working but by changing workspace you lose visibility of the job in hand. My autostart is still there and it does still start on boot, but it then ties up a taskbar location when minimised and my taskbar gets cluttered enough without it. The tray icon was neat, available and unobtrusive.

The most important question though is:

How do you get to the MRU list?

I suppose by sorting the ALL view in the search window by 'last modified' a similar result is obtained, but by no means as convenient.

- I have an extension which does add an icon on the taskbar:
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/769/gnotetomboy-integration/

That extension is a Gnome thing - I don't use Gnome.
"We cannot detect a running copy of GNOME on this system, so some parts of the interface may be disabled. See our troubleshooting entry for more information."
So I won't go there.

and at first I though this was the only way to not destroy my
productivity (since I was also used to reaching any note with two
clicks). In fact, I almost never use it, because it's quicker for me to
change workspace with the keyboard. But for people preferring the use of
the mouse, this (or a port of this to KDE) could be a solution.

I prefer mouse for almost everything, and I am used to using the X to close the gnote windows. Now that closes the application which is most frustrating and would take me a very long time to un-learn.

Thanks for your comments - interesting, however it does seem that you are jumping through hoops just to try to get back some of the functionality that has been removed :\

Barry

Pietro