Re: gnote-3.15.0 tray icon removed!

On 16/02/15 22:19, Aurimas Cernius wrote:

As a status icon user, can you provide a list of features you use the
most from status icon, that the removal cause inconvenience for?
Note: by "inconvenience" I mean something that is more dificult to use
without it, not that you have to use Gnote differently.

That will take some thinking about, as I really don't know any other way to use it at present.

I have just added a launcher for gnote to the KDE quicklaunch icons on the task bar, however this launches into the search window and it's not instant. Previously gnote was launched once at boot and was instantly accessible.

The major regression I see is the missing 'MRU'? list that was in the context menu, this seemed to "learn" commonly used and recent notes and more often than not the note I needed was in it, making a search unnecessary.

A new note was one right click and one left click away, both adjacent in the bottom right of screen - now I need to start the application (bottom left of screen) click on the 'new' icon (top of screen). Not major but still a regression.

If I have gnote open but minimized it seems that I now have to search through the task bar to check if it is already running before I use it again - either that or end up with several instances running concurrently - ugh!

I am sure I will find more niggles, although I will probably revert to 3.14.x quite quickly as old habits die hard!

It's open for discussion. Making Gnote less usable is not the goal.

Nice to hear ;) - maybe others will have some comments.

Regards,
Barry

- --
Aurimas