Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Connecting to Netmeeting which is on a home network

Hi Allan,

> To save them some time, I downloaded MyPhone and tried to set it up.
> Unfortunately, there's no, absolutely no documentation to go with the
> program.  After much trial and error, I was able to establish a loopback
> connection to 127.0.0.1 so that I know that placing a call to an IP address
> will work.  However, neeither my sons nor I have permanent IP addresses and
> MyPhone does not seem to use an ils server as far as I can tell.  So just how
> is one supposed to set up a connection from MyPhone to GM?  Conversely, is it
> possible to set up a connection in the reverse direction i.e. from GM to MP?

given the average disclamer applies (where one is being NAT and firewall
etc. one cannot be called) yes, you can call either direction without
issues. About the problem with dynIP the solution is quite common
nowadays.. the magic buzzword you need is DynDNS. There's plenty of
providers offering that service. If you however don't manage to find or
set one up, just drop me a private note and i'll assist to get this
going as it's quite off-topic here.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian