Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Connecting to Netmeeting which is on a home network

Le dimanche 15 mai 2005 à 12:28 -0400, Allan a écrit :
> On Sunday 15 May 2005 12:22, Damien Sandras wrote:
>

> > hello Allan,
> >
> > You have told this :
> > " I have finally determined that the problem I'm having is that both of
> > the systems I am trying to communicate with are running on home networks
> > and of course the H323 protocol demands a direct connection.
> > Unfortunately the documentation makes no mention of this problem."
> >
> > Then you are telling me this :
> > "as well as it used to.  I don't have a router but a direct connection
> > to the internet.  The NAT test tells me I have nothing to do but pass on
> > to the next screen.  How does GM help me penetrate the NAT in front of
> > their machine?"
> >
> > I'm thus confused and I do not understand anymore your setup, or your
> > problem at all.
> >

> You are absolutely right.  When I said both in the first message I was
> referring to the two systems used by my sons not my system and another.  My
> system has a direct internet connection.
>
> Don't you just love the ambiguities in the English language.

So, to summarize, you have a direct connection, and they are behind NAT.

If you are using GnomeMeeting 1.2.1, they can call you, and your
GnomeMeeting should help the remote Netmeeting behind NAT to go through
that NAT without the need for any configuration.

If it doesn't work, then it is because the H.245 channel can not be
established due to Netmeeting being a bit "old". Myphone will be the
only possible replacement.

So, can you try with both Netmeeting and MyPhone behind NAT and report a
precise description of the problems in both cases here?

Thank you,