Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Connecting to Netmeeting which is on a home network

On Sunday 15 May 2005 12:22, Damien Sandras wrote:

> hello Allan,
>
> You have told this :
> " I have finally determined that the problem I'm having is that both of
> the systems I am trying to communicate with are running on home networks
> and of course the H323 protocol demands a direct connection.
> Unfortunately the documentation makes no mention of this problem."
>
> Then you are telling me this :
> "as well as it used to.  I don't have a router but a direct connection
> to the internet.  The NAT test tells me I have nothing to do but pass on
> to the next screen.  How does GM help me penetrate the NAT in front of
> their machine?"
>
> I'm thus confused and I do not understand anymore your setup, or your
> problem at all.

You are absolutely right.  When I said both in the first message I was
referring to the two systems used by my sons not my system and another.  My
system has a direct internet connection.

Don't you just love the ambiguities in the English language.

Allan