Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Connecting to Netmeeting which is on a home network

Le dimanche 15 mai 2005 à 10:28 -0400, Allan a écrit :
> On Sunday 15 May 2005 08:13, Damien Sandras wrote:
>
> > Netmeeting can not go through NAT.
> >
> > However, if your GnomeMeeting is correctly setup to go through NAT, they
> > can call you, and GM will help NM go transparently through the NAT
> > router.
> >
> > So I would suggest you to setup your GM according to the FAQ (NAT test,
> > and following the result, different actions) and ask them to call you.
> >

> Damien, you'll have to excuse me but my 67 year old mind doesn't seem to work
> as well as it used to.  I don't have a router but a direct connection to the
> internet.  The NAT test tells me I have nothing to do but pass on to the next
> screen.  How does GM help me penetrate the NAT in front of their machine?

hello Allan,

You have told this :
" I have finally determined that the problem I'm having is that both of
the systems I am trying to communicate with are running on home networks
and of course the H323 protocol demands a direct connection.
Unfortunately the documentation makes no mention of this problem."

Then you are telling me this :
"as well as it used to.  I don't have a router but a direct connection
to the internet.  The NAT test tells me I have nothing to do but pass on
to the next screen.  How does GM help me penetrate the NAT in front of
their machine?"

I'm thus confused and I do not understand anymore your setup, or your problem
at all.

[...]