Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM1.2 unstable on SuSE9.2/9.3

Hello Yoriaki,

I think there is a bug in the package for SuSE 9.3, due to a buggy GCC.

Of course, SuSE packagers never listen to us, we are plainly ignored. So
things are getting worse at each release.

In SuSE ?? (don't remember which one), GnomeMeeting was packaged without
GNOME support, removing all GNOME dependancies, and using "unstable" and
"untested" code to replace the GNOME features.

In SuSE 9.2, they decided that they would take a random snapshot in the
unstable CVS tree and ship it instead of the stable released
GnomeMeeting version.

In SuSE 9.3, they are using gcc with patches that break some C++ code,
like our plugins code. If you provide me a backtrace, I will tell you if
it is the case or not.

All this wouldn't happen if SuSE GnomeMeeting packagers was
collaborating with developers instead of ignoring them and if they were
testing what they are packaging.

I'm not blaming the whole SuSE distribution (which seems very good), but
I'm blaming the persons who are in charge of the GnomeMeeting
packaging.

Enough is enough.