Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: GM1.2 unstable on SuSE9.2/9.3

Am Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2005 11:32 schrieb Yoriaki FUJIMORI:
> Thanks for your responce.
>
> There are many MSI's boards now in  my lab.  They run amd64s,
> though.  I have the impression that Nvidia3ultra provides us
> with a stabler sound support with alsa for GM, but I have not yet
> tested sufficiently.
>
> I have tested many mixers.  Gnome's mixers are usually
> good, but KDE seems to like KAMix and/or Kmix.  Setup made
> by gaumix, for instance, disappears once I restart my session
> on KDE, somehow.

Open the KMix window, open the preferences, uncheck "Restore Volume settings
on session start".

> In many URLs, I read that we had better stop artsd.  But, it
> seems to me there is no difference even if it is stopped.

SuSE 9.3 comes with dmix preconfigured for hardware not capable of hardware
mixing. So there should be no problem.

> Let me try to call you and bother you once.  Thanks.
>
> yoriaki fujimori

Running SuSE 9.3 since 4 weeks and no crash since ...

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/