Re: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] no ringing tone with phonejack pciandheadset

Le lun, 21/06/2004 à 11:32 +0100, Franz J Ehrengruber (iptelenet) a
écrit :
> > What is non-standard in the above approach?
> Your suggestion is, if I understand you correctly, that the GK sets a custom
> attribute at the LDAP server to reflect a ep/users presence information, is
> that correct? If so, GM needs an LDAP client to read this custom attribute

Nope that is exactly the type of behavior I want to reject :)

> periodically, to display the on line status of endpoints in a users buddy
> list. Such a LDAP client would be propriator to GM. Hence its none standard.

I agree, just refer to my mail to see what I proposed:
"H.350 defines a set of LDAP schemas permitting :
- to H.323 clients to browse directories of H.323 people
- to H.323 gatekeepers to use the H.350 scheme to authentify people

There is no ntion of state, however you can use any LDAP attribute you
want for the rest (comment, location, ...)

Doing that would permit to have a big directory of GnomeMeeting users,
but if we use the same LDAP repository to authentify and list people,
then we won't have a way to know if somebody is online or not. That is
well-suited for companies, but not for seconix.com.

My idea was to :
- have the static information of people and the authentication stored in
a SQL database
- the gatekeeper uses that database to authentify people
- the gatekeeper reads the static information in the database and push
it to the LDAP server when people login, and remove it when they logoff
or when the gatekeeper timeout is elapsed"

> To provide standard based presence information, you have two choices:
> 1) ILS (Outdated - and not recommended)
> 2) SIP based presence information.
>
> >Currently, GnomeMeeting is still an H.323 application, not a SIP one.
> >And in the future, it will be both, so we need a "neutral" system.
> Well, for the time being you could only implement the presence part of a SIP
> stack.

I think it would be counter-logical. I don't even know if it would be
compatible with H.323 as it would required H.323 people to register to
SIP registrar :-/