[GnomeMeeting-list] OSS setup for GM 1.0.2

I finally solved all of the dependency issues for GM, now I'm setting up
the audio. I'm running Slack 9.1(2.6.4), and I do have ALSA configured.

I use the Soundblaster PCI 128bit (Ensoniq 1371). Damien's favorite
card :)

Only problem is that I've never solved some device issues associated with
ALSA. So I use KDE and arts. The KDE sound system I/O method is Threaded
OSS using custom sound device /dev/dsp0.

Sounds works fine w/all of my applications (MPlayer, Xmms, GAIM, etc.).
System sounds work well too.  I'd rather not change this setup.

I understand that ALSA is preferred for GM, but I'd rather use OSS, as the
DRUID allows me to use /dev/dsp0 and /dev/dsp1.

Questions:

1) Which device should be used for input and output ?
2) Why aren't /dev/dsp2 and /dev/dsp3 available for use ?
3) Why does the DRUID lockup when I chose /dev/dsp0 for output and /dev/
dsp1 for input ?

I ran 'lsof /dev/dsp1' and notices that GM had ~8 instances using /dev/
dsp1. Is this normal ?

Thx in advance for the help.

--
AG