Re: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] no ringing tone with phonejack pci and headset

Le lun, 21/06/2004 à 00:46 -0700, Roman Marxer a écrit :
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:23:52 +0200, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> >
> > Le dim, 20/06/2004 à 22:05 -0700, Roman Marxer a écrit :
> > > I fixed it with a script which checks for new ESTABLISHED connections and
> > > plays a sound.
> > > Thanks for the information.
> > >

> > The next release will permit to play a sound in the speakers using a
> > plugin and a device corresponding to your soundcard, would that be a
> > good workaround to your problem?
> >
> Would be nice, but not very urgent because my workaround works quite fine.
>
> Another extension would be more needed:
> A way to detect if xscreensaver is running. If it is running, the
> status of the user on
> ILS would become different, because he is not directly reachable.

Well, ILS will be deprecated with GnomeMeeting 1.2. ILS has always been
problematic, bandwidth hungry and non-standard. Instead of using ILS,
people will :
- register an account on seconix.com with a login / password and
information about them
- register to a gatekeeper using gnomemeeting (or a sip registrar once
we are using SIP)
- browse an LDAP server on seconix.com to see online people

There will be no notion of state anymore though.
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org