Re: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] no ringing tone with phonejack pci and headset

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 17:25, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le lun, 21/06/2004 �0:46 -0700, Roman Marxer a �it :
> > On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:23:52 +0200, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Le dim, 20/06/2004 �2:05 -0700, Roman Marxer a �it :
> > > >

> > > The next release will permit to play a sound in the speakers using a
> > > plugin and a device corresponding to your soundcard, would that be a
> > > good workaround to your problem?
> > >
> > Would be nice, but not very urgent because my workaround works quite fine.
> >
> > Another extension would be more needed:
> > A way to detect if xscreensaver is running. If it is running, the
> > status of the user on
> > ILS would become different, because he is not directly reachable.
> >

> Well, ILS will be deprecated with GnomeMeeting 1.2. ILS has always been
> problematic, bandwidth hungry and non-standard. Instead of using ILS,
> people will :
> - register an account on seconix.com with a login / password and
> information about them
> - register to a gatekeeper using gnomemeeting (or a sip registrar once
> we are using SIP)
> - browse an LDAP server on seconix.com to see online people
>
> There will be no notion of state anymore though.

What state information will be lacking?

If the ldap server communicates with the gatekeeper you can find out
1) if someone is on line
2) if someone is in a current call

What is needed is a gw between the gatekeeper and the ldap server.
opengk could be extended to 'publish' its state to the ldap server.
Alternatively the ldap server could query the gatekeeper for this
information.