Re: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] no ringing tone with phonejack pciandheadset

> What is non-standard in the above approach?
Your suggestion is, if I understand you correctly, that the GK sets a custom
attribute at the LDAP server to reflect a ep/users presence information, is
that correct? If so, GM needs an LDAP client to read this custom attribute
periodically, to display the on line status of endpoints in a users buddy
list. Such a LDAP client would be propriator to GM. Hence its none standard.
To provide standard based presence information, you have two choices:
1) ILS (Outdated - and not recommended)
2) SIP based presence information.

>Currently, GnomeMeeting is still an H.323 application, not a SIP one.
>And in the future, it will be both, so we need a "neutral" system.
Well, for the time being you could only implement the presence part of a SIP
stack.

Regards,
Franz.