Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] RAM consumption

Le mardi 7 Décembre 2004 21:58, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> As I said that's the size used by GnomeMeeting + all the libraries it is
> using and top is reporting incorrect sizes for multi-threaded programs.

you mean that the real consumption is 14M/n where n is the number of thread ?

> Anyway, I don't think 14MB is that much, gnome-terminal requires 16 MB,
> gkrellm 11MB, ...

well, I tried to install Linux on a PIII 600 with 128MB for the children of my
neighbour and you can't really call that a multi-process system any more...
If you open 2 softwares, it's dead ! It worked with Win95 or RH 5.2...

I'm not against the progress permitted by the use of more RAM, but IMHO it
would be great if each software could let the user choose between 2 modes, a
first one RAM-hungry but faster and a second one RAM-friendly but slower...
And that would be even better with an environnement variable RAM_FRIENDLY=1
or 0 used by all the softwares...

Anyway, I love gnomemeeting ;-)

Regards,

Christophe Baegert