Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] RAM consumption

Le mardi 7 Décembre 2004 21:28, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> The size you are seeing is the size required by GnomeMeeting and by all
> the libraries it is using. All those libraries are shared among several
> programs, so that's not the real size of the software in memory.

Yes, the RAM used only by Gnomemeeting is about 14MB, but IMHO it's huge to
display only a phone in my KDE bar and wait for a call... There's certainly
something loaded that is not needed...

In fact my computer swaps because of Mozilla, not because of Gnomemeeting, but
14MB it's too much for such a software (imagine if I had only 128MB !!!).

One thing to remember : I can close Mozilla when I want some more RAM for OOo,
but Gnomemeeting must be always on in order to receive calls, so I can't
close it to use less RAM...

Regards,

Christophe Baegert