Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] odd audio failure

wapembe wapembe org wrote:

we have nat turned off since both ends support h323.  and we have added
rulesets for the additional udp and tcp ports (5000-5003 and 30000-30010).
we have tested both with nat on and off just in case.  no change in results.

Please take into consideration that besides a few manufactures state ( or imply )their router's are h323 compliant, most of the time they do not work properly, so, after trying that UPnp check-box ( and with no ports opened or redirected ) if it still doesn't
work it's because it is not.
_Check the box on Enable IP Translation and open TCP:1720 , TCP:30000-30010 and UDP:
5000-5003  ( be careful to check for the TCP and UDP port ranges ! )_
I use a non h323 router - the Vigor 2200 from Draytek - and it works like a charm !
By the way, is your firewall on the Linux machine disabled ?

the suspicion is the firewall/router on his end.  we need to go to a third
site to continue testing.  my friend with a laptop has a cable modem on a
network which filters everything (to protect the customers) so he isn't in
a position to test from his apt.  we are trying to find a third location
to test from.  that should narrow it down to a particular firewall.

on the other hand, since we tested at one point with unprotected machines
(both ends on a dmz) then we would expect the firewall to not be an issue.

Be careful with the DMZ because it happened to me that it worked better with the ports
open than on the DMZ ...
If you need someone to try with, mail me direct so that I know when you might be available
and if that is compatible with me ( I am on GMT+00 )

J.Pedro

--
__ __ _| |__| |_|.| . @ Red Hat Linux version 9
jpedro vf netcabo pt