Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] odd audio failure

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 03:12:12PM +0200, Christian Strauf wrote:
> > the netfilter modules were not working for neither Damien nor me. So i
> > can't recommend using them and neither can i provide a working env. what
>
> I believe that, though it's called h.323 conntrack-module, the module
> itself is very netmeeting specific and basically useless for GM users if
> you don't disable h.245 tunneling and stuff like that.

You are correct, it doesn't support H.245 tunnelling.  However, it does work
with gnomemeeting (at least for me).  Documentation says:

Author: Jozsef Kadlecsik <kadlec blackhole kfki hu>

This adds CONFIG_IP_NF_H323: H.323/netmeeting support module for netfilter
connection tracking and NAT. H.323 uses/relies on the following data streams:

	Port		Description
	389 		Internet Locator Server (TCP)
	522		User Location Server (TCP)
	1503 		T.120 Protocol (TCP)
	1720		H.323 (H.225 call setup, TCP)
	1731		Audio call control (TCP)
	Dynamic		H.245 call control (TCP)
	Dynamic		RTCP/RTP streaming (UDP)

The H.323 conntrack/NAT modules support the connection tracking/NATing of
the data streams requested on the dynamic ports. The helpers use the
search/replace hack from the ip_masq_h323.c module for the 2.2 kernel
series.

At the very minimum, H.323/netmeeting (video/audio) is functional by letting
trough the 1720 port and loading these H.323 module(s).

The H.323 conntrack/NAT modules do not support

- H.245 tunnelling
- H.225 RAS (gatekeepers)