Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] odd audio failure

> --=-v339DLBOEUoVx/iL+I/k
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> sounds like a firewall/router problem to me. as you got the NM working
> on the remote and (and you're very likely to drop the support not with
> the win-internal ipsec, which is great, but not very commonly used *g*),
> his router seems to support h323 by itself. so you gotta NOT set the GM
> masq mode. i hope the FAQ of GM covers this. but the point is:
> - if your router does h323 by itself:
>  * use GM like it was local (i.e. with not NAT settins active)
> - if your router doesn't do h323
>  * use GM with NAT translation and have the router do the
> port-forwarding as described in the FAQ

we have nat turned off since both ends support h323.  and we have added
rulesets for the additional udp and tcp ports (5000-5003 and 30000-30010).
we have tested both with nat on and off just in case.  no change in results.

the suspicion is the firewall/router on his end.  we need to go to a third
site to continue testing.  my friend with a laptop has a cable modem on a
network which filters everything (to protect the customers) so he isn't in
a position to test from his apt.  we are trying to find a third location
to test from.  that should narrow it down to a particular firewall.

on the other hand, since we tested at one point with unprotected machines
(both ends on a dmz) then we would expect the firewall to not be an issue.

could you elaborate on the part about win-internal ipsec?

thanks.
bill