Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 1394 DV cam not recognized?

Le jeu 03/07/2003 à 08:44, chris+gnomemeeting ruvolo net a écrit :
> Ok, thanks.  So, do you guys have any plans to make DV 1394 binaries
> available?  I'm compiling my own right now, but I would prefer debianized

Well the problem with that if we do so we have to:
- force people with no Firewire to install several libraries they don't
need on their system
- or provide several types of binaries

We are already doing our best, but it becomes difficult to support all
distributions. Moreover, some *commercial* distributions like Mandrake
do not want to build packages themselves for anything else than their
future distributions. In other words, we have to support ourselves their
old distributions to make users happy.

You will easily understand that providing different set of packages for
Debian, Mandrake, RedHat, Suse, Slackware with and without Firewire is a
bit hard to do.