Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 1394 DV cam not recognized?

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 01:22:59PM +0900, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
> I have no idea why it checks /dev/raw1394.
>
> I tried to uncompress the source from the deb file (can someone suggest a
> simple tool for undebbing .deb files in case I ever have to do this again,
> because I don't feel like installing dpkg) and then I ran ldd on the
> gnomemeeting executable, but I saw no references to 1394. Try it for yourself:
>
> $ ldd /usr/bin/gnomemeeting | grep 1394 || echo "Nope, no firewire support"
> Nope, no firewire support

Ok, thanks.  So, do you guys have any plans to make DV 1394 binaries
available?  I'm compiling my own right now, but I would prefer debianized
packages.  If you guys could provide the debian/ subdirectory or diffs that
were used to make the posted packages, that would also be useful.

As for unpacking .deb files, the preferred tool is dpkg-deb, which is part
of the dpkg package.  Sorry, I don't know of any tools with a smaller
footprint.

-Chris