Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] What's up with ~/.gnome/gnomemeeting?

> > The right thing to do would be to not report debian bugs here,
> > but instead ask to the person to contact the mailing list so that we
> > can debug further.

> That's not how it works with Debian, i'm sorry to say. People file bugs
> on the _package_, these bugreports are delivered in _my_ mailbox, and the
> reporters don't care much about where it should go, they care about it
> being solved, but leave that to others.

Right, and you as the maintainer should leave the bug report open, forward
it upstream, and mark in in the Debian DB as "forwarded":
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control

I also think that you should probably try and help debug the problem to the
extent that you can - I've not seen anyone here treating anyone poorly
other than you.  I'm not trying to be inflammatory, this is my own
opinion.

> I'm unpolite to people who treat me like a 2 year old. To people who
> don't read what I write.

So far I've not witnessed this, but perhaps there have been private
exchanges.  Regardless, let's all calm down and try to solve this problem.

> And furthermore, about the assert failure, I have had more of these
> reports on gnomemeeting, too bad the Debian BTS keeps 'solved' bugs for
> 28 days and then purges them. And each time removing ~/.gnome/gnomemeeting
> solved the problem.
>
> But never mind, I don't have the material to show you what I mean, and
> you guys just say the problem doesn't exist. So this is where this
> thread stops.

They have not said "it does not exist", they've said "we're unaware of that
problem, will you please help us?"

Later,
	Dale
--