Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] What's up with ~/.gnome/gnomemeeting?

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 10:18:51AM +1100, Craig Southeren wrote:

> I'm still interested in finding the problem.
>
> The assert is happening in OpenH323, so OpenH323 is getting upset about
> something. Until I *know* the problem is in GM, I'm going to assume the
> problem is in OpenH323 and look for a solution.

Perhaps that GM is passing wrong arguments somewhere to OpenH323. But I never encountered that problem since I'm developing. I wonder if it still makes sense to work on it because GM has changed a lot since 0.12.2.

But anyway, finding the cause could be a good idea. Sander, perhaps that you coould recontact all the users that submitted that bug report and tell them to contact us to provide more information.

> I suspect the problem as to do with the codecs that are being selected.
> It could be that OpenH323 is being too strict on matching codecs and not
> finding a match when it should be.

I don't think so, it is only a a function with some 'ifs' inside it and if the code is selected, then it will be added. I'm not reordering the capabilities, but removing them and then adding what has to be added. But Craig, if you tell me that it is better or cleaner to reorder them, I'll do it that way.

> Or it could be a problem in GM where it passes in garbage that OpenH323
> chokes on.
>
> Either way, Damien and I should find the problem so it doesn't happen
> again.

I agree.