Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problem with gm 0.12.2 and my Philips TouCam Pro on RH7.2

I come late on the trouble, but I think I have one response.

On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 21:08, Matt Hartley wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Looks like a wonderful piece of software, if only I could get it to
> work with my Philips TouCam Pro.  I have Red Hat 7.2 on my Dell
> Inspiron 8100 laptop.  I tried both the RPMs and I compiled the source
> code on my box to see if that would help, but I am getting the same
> error message from both.
(Stuff deleted)
> My modules.conf for my webcam module:
> options pwc size=cif palette=yuv420p fps=30 fbufs=4 mbufs=4
> power_save=1 trace=3
> post-install pwc /sbin/insmod --force
> /lib/modules/2.4.7-10/kernel/drivers/usb/pwcx.o > /dev/null 2>&1 || :

fps=30 is a very extreme setting. It only works using compression, only
implememnted in the compressor module, pwcx.o

Please try fps=10 or 15.
In my case, pwcx.o is very kernel module revision sensible. I'm
currently strongly looking for a 2.4.17 release, since it dont function
anymore. You dont use a vanilla released kernel, but a redhat hacked
one.

If put fps=5, pwcx.o is not used, and should work, and _then_ should you
try to add frames per second.

Keep it simple.
Rafael Pinilla                              Médecin, admin repenti
r_pinilla NOSPAMyahoo com	           Linux addict since 1992
http://www.nexus-medical.org   La FMC par le partage de références