Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] What's up with ~/.gnome/gnomemeeting?

Sander,

The crash (according to the info you have provided so far) is in the
OpenH323 code. h323caps.cxx is part of OpenH323 - it not a GnomeMeeting
specific file.

So, even though GM is parsing the file, it is passing something to
OpenH323 that is causing the assert. The problem may be in GM or it may
be OpenH323 - either way we have to start off in OpenH323 because that
is where the crash is occurring. This is why I am looking at the problem.

I've looked at the Debian reference you provided, and it provides no
more information that your original email. As I can't compile or run
GM on my Mandrake system, I've got no way of reproducing the problem
myself, so I'm dependent on others to provide me with information.

I'm just looking for information to solve a problem. I'm not interested
in any of the bad language or politics.  When I see a problem that looks
like it is in my code I try to fix it, which is what I'm trying to do.
It's up to you to decide whether to be part of the solution, or not.

   Craig

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:34:08 +0100
Sander Smeenk <ssmeenk freshdot net> wrote:

> Quoting Craig Southeren (craigs equival com au):
>
> First off, stop being such an ass, you're treating me like a 2 year old.
> All information _I_ have is at http://bugs.debian.org/132941.
>
> Second, Gnomemeeting is _KNOWN_ to have Assert Failures solved by moving
> away ~/.gnome/gnomemeeting. So all I was wondering is _WHY_ gnomemeeting
> almost always crashes on it's _OWN_ configuration file, when _NOTHING_
> important has changed since creating the file.
>
> And what has OpenH323 or PWLib to do with Gnomemeetings Configuration
> file?  Isn't it gnomemeeting itself that should parse the config?
>
> Oh fuck it. I wish I could just cancel this whole thread.
>
> --
> | It is better to regret something you HAVE done,
> | than to regret something you HAVEN'T done...
> | 1024D/08CEC94D - 34B3 3314 B146 E13C 70C8  9BDB D463 7E41 08CE C94D

 Craig Southeren,
 Managing Director, Equivalence Pty Ltd
 Director, MicroTelco Gateway, Quicknet Technologies, Inc.
 Voice: +1 415 864 5225 x 700    Fax:   +61 2 4367 3140
        +61 2 4365 4666          H.323: phone.craig.southeren.com
Cut costs, Fax smart. Use iPrint2Fax worldwide and save!
- iPrint2Fax software is FREE, no fax modem required.
- FREE iPrint2Fax to a single email address.
- iPrint2Fax to PSTN based Fax (Up to 95% Savings)
- iPrint2Fax Broadcasting: Send 100s of faxes and fax to emails
in the time it takes to send just one!
FREE software download available at www.iPrint2Fax.com