Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Windows Netmeeting compatibility

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 09:47:27AM -0500, Dale E Martin wrote:
> The reason I say it's "possibly" a waste of resources is that I've never
> had a good feel for how interoperable components for each system really
> are.  If I wanted to paste a gnomemeeting window into a kword document,
> could I do it?  How about if there was a "kmeeting", would it be possible?

No for the first question. I don't think so at least.
But yes for the last one provided that they implement it.
It will probably be possible, after the 1.0 release of GnomeMeeting,
to have the GnomeMeeting CORBA (yes Gnome uses the CORBA standard, not KDE)
component in Evolution, or Nautilus (imagine, in the desktop itself), or
OpenOffice, or ...

> Having applications that can interoperate is probably a Good Thing, and I
> don't know how much gnome apps can interoperate with KDE apps.

Not a lot, and it is the same for the reverse. Notice that Gnome uses a
standard for the interoperability :CORBA. It is not true for KDE; but I can
be wrong.