Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Windows Netmeeting compatibility

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 10:54:17AM +0100, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> > What is right is that a KDE clone of GnomeMeeting is developped since
> > a few months. That's what I call "effort duplication".
>
> Well, in a sence yes. Both are open-source and free. Qt has been released
> under the GPL. KDE is more advanced than Gnome. Why choose Gnome then?

It is a matter of taste. I think that the best applications are always
present first in GTK and/or for Gnome. There are several examples, like
Gimp (GTK), Galeon (GTK), Evolution (GTK/Gnome), GnomeMeeting (hum hum hum ;),

I think that the architecture under Gnome 2 will be excellent.
But it is your choice to choose between KDE or Gnome. Many users use GnomeMeeting
under KDE (like Enzo, or Jeff Mills, ...) and do not see any need to have a KDE
application.

But again, it is a matter of taste. My advice is that Gnome is more beautiful,
faster, and that's what I like. Moreover GTK has a lot of language bindings
(PHP, Python, Perl, ...) and not QT.