Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Refactoring the addressbook code

Le mardi 28 mars 2006 à 17:26 +0200, Julien PUYDT a écrit :
> Damien Sandras a écrit :
> >> Did you not mention the OpalSIPPresenceEP would have a
> >> OnContactPresenceUpdated method (or similar name) ? This function is the
> >> right place to update the contact in the gobject... and the gobject will
> >> emit that signal naturally.
> >>

> > For yourself, no.
>
> Why ?

Because it would be counter natural.
If you ask to the back-end "change my status to away", it will certainly
not trigger a callback telling "done dude".

> > For remote contacts, yes.
> >
> >> What I don't want to see is code like this in some src/gui/roster.cpp :
> >> gm_roster_backend_update (roster, contact);
> >> gm_roster_frontend_update (roster_view, contact);
> >>
> >> because that means the dbus component won't know about the change. And
> >> reversely, that means if the dbus component updates the backend, then
> >> the main ui won't be updated. And if we add whatever third frontend to
> >> the mix, then things get even worse.
> >
> > That's however what you will see, because there is no other way to do
> > things.
>
> What do you mean by "no other way" !?

Probably you could reread teh whole thread. I spent a considerable time
on it.
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net