Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Refactoring the addressbook code

Damien Sandras a écrit :
You will never find a backend that signals when the contact is updated
or deleted. So you will have to artificially trigger those signals,
which I do not like.

Did you not mention the OpalSIPPresenceEP would have a OnContactPresenceUpdated method (or similar name) ? This function is the right place to update the contact in the gobject... and the gobject will emit that signal naturally.

What I don't want to see is code like this in some src/gui/roster.cpp :
gm_roster_backend_update (roster, contact);
gm_roster_frontend_update (roster_view, contact);

because that means the dbus component won't know about the change. And reversely, that means if the dbus component updates the backend, then the main ui won't be updated. And if we add whatever third frontend to the mix, then things get even worse.