Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Refactoring the addressbook code

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:59:03 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> > I would say :
> > - first agree on the interface of the gobject roster backend ;
> > - then write a boiler-plate implementation of this one ;
> > - then write the gtk code which will display it in ekiga.
> >

> That's step 1 of my proposal with more details :-D
>
> I'm interested in implementing the redesign of the UI (but anyone can
> do the roster that will go in the new UI).

As the roster is a composite widget utilizing a GtkTreeView, it's not
the problem of that thread to redesign the UI. You can do a GMRoster
inside a GtkFrame wherever you want, when this thing is ready.

By the way. Any signals needed? It looks nonsens to me to force the
coder of that widget to connect to selection-change or whatever signals
to provide a context menu (and to get the contact itself somehow). What
about a signal for a right click that will provide the GMContact* or a
copy of it?

J.

--
dreaming in digital