Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Strange noise with one provider
- From: "Damien Sandras" <dsandras seconix com>
- To: "GnomeMeeting development mailing list" <gnomemeeting-devel-list gnome org>
- Cc: "GnomeMeeting development mailing list" <gnomemeeting-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Strange noise with one provider
- Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 22:08:01 +0100 (CET)
> Damien Sandras wrote:
>>>>>I had some time to test - I can confirm the X-Lite problem.
>>>>>I do hear the X-Lite sender in good quality (with Ekiga), but the
>>>>>user gets just a noisy ("bubbling" would describe it pretty well)
>>>>>No problems with other endpoints, hw and sw.
>>>>Using the same codec than Ekiga?
>>>Ekiga showed PCMU for both sides. I will check next time whether the
>>>X-Lite peer really uses PCMU and not PCMA.
>> Yes, but... I'm not sure there is an interaction problem, I would think
>> a bandwidth problem.
> I don't think so.
> It is a 10 MBit (symmetric) connection. When I use X-Lite instead of
> Ekiga the quality is good.
With the same codec?
I will try on a LAN, but I very much doubt there is a problem with G.711
as there is even no encoding with that codec and it has been tested
throughout years with hundreds of different devices.
] [Thread Prev