Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Strange noise with one provider

Hannes Ebner wrote:
> Hi Damien,
>
> Damien Sandras wrote:
>
>>Sorry, but :
>>- if it works with other users
>>- if it works with ekiga.net
>>- if it works with other providers
>>- but if quality is not good with one provider

just tested again with my fathers x-lite peer.
PCMU/PCMA/speex out totally scrambled.
ilbc worked once, in next calls no more.
only noise.

ilbc in is ok here. other in distorted...scrambled.

> I remember that the quality was also suboptimal when I called an X-Lite
> peer, but I'm not sure... I have to doublecheck and will let you know.
>
> If there is no problem between Ekiga and X-Lite, I will talk to the
> sipgate support. They always made an effort in the past.

sipgate is out. the audio data is transferred directly between the peers.

>>it strongly suggests a provider problem. I don't see how it could be
>>broken, moreover, we are using the exact same codecs than in the old
>>GnomeMeeting.

no provider problem and test at 10000 sipgate de works fine.

> I see your point. But we also have to keep in mind that sipgate does not
> have any problems with X-Lite and other HW-clients.

yeah.