Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

> 1. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk:
>
> PCMA must be in first order of codec list,
> since pwlib-cvs snapshot 2/7/06 ekiga error in codec handshake, ekiga
> tries speex
> but sipgate asterisk uses PCMA. the landline phone rings 4e4 and ekiga is
> in a sort of loop state then,
> the fallback or handshake retry, if any, doesnt work anymore.

I don't understand this. Please provide a -d 4 output of the problem
because that shouldn't happen. Actually, perhaps I will also need an
ethereal trace (send me this privately): tcpdump -i eth0 -w outfile.txt -s
1024

> 2. sip:500 ekiga net:
>
> 2x ok , 1x no audio is sent out to echo test server.
>
> cause identified: usb audio device of aiptek dv 3500 camera.
>
> it seems i have one more dying usb-brigde in the aiptek 3500dv camera (usb
> mike).
> + the usb video crashes the kernel with the spca50x driver spuriously
> recently.
> no one can confirm it's a driver.
>
> the last 2 years 3(!) permanently attached usb devices died here, every
> device within a year.
> 2 aiptek 1.3mega digicams and 1 megaworld x8-38u (budget saitek) joystick
> :(
> power supply is ok (voltage, current, noise). 2 different usb mb hostchip
> manufacturers used in 2 years.
> cabling crosscheck'd.
>
> wether some usb brigde-chip manufacturers have serious quality problems or
> the linux
> usb driver causes this degradation somehow. lately i had to rma a cheap
> pcmcia usb controller
> (usb never worked from the start).

I think it is linux :-/
I have read some bad reports in recent kernels.