Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Increasing required time to answer a call: Opinion

I don't think it matters if the ip is Dynamic. You ban the dynamic ip,
they can't reach you. They hangup and reconnect to their isp or use
another ip available to them. You deny it. This way even if the person
is harassing you by doing the above they can only do it once per ip
address that they use. The only problem with this is people might forget
to remove the dynamic ip from their list of denied callers and if
someone else gets the same dynamic ip then the new owner of the ip won't
be able to call them. This can be remedied by Adding a new notebook tab
in the Calls History section called "Denied Calls". So the user can see
which call was denied, the persons name and when. The Call End Reason
"Denied - Caller on Block List" etc.

Right now people can harass you by just simply calling you all the time
which means instead of leaving Gnomemeeting open to accept calls you
must shut it down, rendering you with no communication. Imagine a
company or person using gnomemeeting as a means to support users and
being shutdown by this. The only other means to stop such an attack
would be to deny the ip via firewall or hosts.deny or something of the
sort and the user might not be able to access those facilities.