Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Increasing required time to answer a call: Opinion

I think that it should ring indefinitely until you pick it up just like
a normal telephone. When I call someone it rings and rings and rings
until they pickup. Or the call is sent to voicemail, eventually the
person will stop ringing or get the voicemail.

1. I'm upstairs.. I live in a brownstone it's going to take more than a
minute to get down three flights of stairs and even with the advent of
Unanswered calls I may not be able to call this person back because of
their setup or whatever have you. In which case they leave or assume I'm
not around.

2. Can you forward from one place to the next to the next to the next? I
haven't tried..

3. Deny Feature :)
Deny "X" person from calling? An automatic reject feature based on a
persons callto:// or worst case scenario ip. ?

Lets say someone wants to abuse the above, so they call you.. repeatedly
and you have to keep rejecting their calls, over and over and over. It'd
get annoying.

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 17:26, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Goerge, and the others,
>
> The current behavior is the following:
> - when you are calling somebody, there is one minute timeout for the
> other person to answer the call.
> - but on the other side, since a few releases, GnomeMeeting rejects the
> call after 15 seconds, or forward it after 15 seconds if you didn't
> accept it.
>
> I propose to do the following:
> - when you are calling somebody, he has 1 minute to answer you, or the
> local gnomemeeting stops calling.
> - when you are called, it rings until the other person stops calling (ie
> 1 minute), but if you chose to forward on no answer, it forwards the
> call after that minute.
>
> I wonder :
> - should I let the user configure that 1 minute, ie choose a value
> between 10 seconds and 59 seconds
> - or is it excessive and hardcoding it to 1 minute, or to 30 seconds is
> a better idea?
>
> don't forget, before adding a setting to gnomemeeting, it must be proved
> it is really useful, or users get lost in all the settings.
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> PS: I vote for a 45 second time, harcoded.

-- Christopher Warner
[KC] http://www.kernelcode.com