[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Increasing required time to answer a call: Opinion
- From: Damien Sandras <damien sandras it-optics com>
- To: gnomemeeting-devel-list gnome org
- Cc: George <geboyd netzero net>
- Subject: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Increasing required time to answer a call: Opinion
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:26:48 +0100
Goerge, and the others,
The current behavior is the following:
- when you are calling somebody, there is one minute timeout for the
other person to answer the call.
- but on the other side, since a few releases, GnomeMeeting rejects the
call after 15 seconds, or forward it after 15 seconds if you didn't
I propose to do the following:
- when you are calling somebody, he has 1 minute to answer you, or the
local gnomemeeting stops calling.
- when you are called, it rings until the other person stops calling (ie
1 minute), but if you chose to forward on no answer, it forwards the
call after that minute.
I wonder :
- should I let the user configure that 1 minute, ie choose a value
between 10 seconds and 59 seconds
- or is it excessive and hardcoding it to 1 minute, or to 30 seconds is
a better idea?
don't forget, before adding a setting to gnomemeeting, it must be proved
it is really useful, or users get lost in all the settings.
Thanks for your advice.
PS: I vote for a 45 second time, harcoded.
_ Damien Sandras
//\ It-Optics s.a.
v_/_ GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
FOSDEM 2004: http://www.fosdem.org
H.323 phone: callto:ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com
] [Thread Prev