Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [Fwd: Re: Quick question]

Le sam 21/12/2002 à 17:18, Christian Rose a écrit :

> I also thought one "characteristic" was to be a GNOME application
> (especially since you wanted GM to get into GNOME core). Then it seems

As long as GM is not in the GNOME core, I don't see why I should do
things I don't like just to follow GNOME.

> strange if you want to be different from the rest of GNOME. If you don't
> like the recommendation, then suggest a change to the recommendation and
> provide your arguments for that. The HIG isn't set in stone.

It was only a suggestion of Calum, and I told him it was bad.

> Just ignoring the GNOME recommendation without an attempt to change it
> seems like an extremely silly thing to do if you want to call
> GnomeMeeting a GNOME application. Likewise for ignoring the
> recommendation just because you don't like it, and only accepting the
> parts of the recommendations that you happen to like from an aestethics
> point of view.

Yes, that is what I plan to do. I agree to follow the maximum of the
HIG, fabrice already changed a lot of things in the druid to follow the
HIG, but when the result is bad, I don't see why I should follow it.
The HIG is a set of recommendations, not a dictatorial rule to
absolutely follow, at least to my own understanding.