Re: Wacom calibration results are off (wrong area)

I think I'm now able to reproduce exactly what we are seeing.  The problem seems to be that once the calibration goes wrong once, it can not correct itself.  Specifically, if we set the area value in dconf to be a bogus value, then the calibration will remain bogus.  My hunch is simply because the values of the Calib struct old_axis are used to "scale" the resulting configuration.

This actually describes what I was seeing rather well, which was that the area of the calibration will get smaller and smaller with each successive attempt at calibration.  (That is, each successive calibration would reduce the "usable" area of my screen for the pen, such that moving the pen across a subset would move the cursor across the whole screen.)

I will run some tests to really show this, but it seems that the assumption that the scale of the last calibration was correct is problematic.   Other than being nuclear on that code, is there a way I could modify the code such that a terrible calibration does not make it impossible to get a good calibration?

Thanks!