Re: Wacom calibration results are off (wrong area)

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Joaquim Rocha <jrocha redhat com> wrote:
Hi Josh,

Looks like the commit you refer to is in included from GNOME Control Center's release 3.7.1 on.

The ideal way to test this would be for you to compile and test GNOME Settings Daemon and GNOME Control Center.
This may not be the "easy way" you are asking for though so one idea that occurs to me is for you to try a recent Fedora 19 live image:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/tasks?method=createLiveCD&owner=kevin&state=all&view=tree&order=-id

To make sure that the image you try has a recent version of the Control Center, don't forget to run "gnome-control-center --version".

Apologies, the "easy thing" I am unsure how to do is build and run an old version.   I have actually compiled and run the latest gnome-control-center.  And that seems to set the correct values.  At least, running it several times consistently sets similar values that work.  (Before I put in a bug, I wanted to make sure I could reproduce in the latest version.)

However, I am now unable to reproduce this with the control center that is default on my system.  The version on my machine is 3.6.3, the version I built and ran is 3.8.3.  So, at this point my hunches are up.   I had thought I had seen a message about defaulting to "last device calibrated" somewhere.  I will try and hunt that down when I can this evening.

Anything else I can run to try and isolate this?  (I can still run a live image, if that might provide clues.)

Thanks!

-josh