Re: Wayland porting in gnome-settings-daemon

On Thu, 2013-07-04 at 13:00 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Thu, 2013-07-04 at 11:56 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
On 4 July 2013 11:47, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
It's not available.

I figured the compositor would provide a DBus interface to play with
this, or is all the control logic going into the compositor too?

This means that the XRandR plugin in gnome-settings-daemon would be
replaced by something handled in the compositor. It would probably be
tailored to our use cases than than all encompassing as the xrandr API
currently is.

One thing that was just pointed out to me is that there are some things
that are currently suboptimal or not present at all in xrandr, and we
could take this opportunity to make sure they are covered. Examples are:

- multi-gpu configuration (Optimus...)
- identifying special-purpose outputs (projectors)