Re: Wayland porting in gnome-settings-daemon

On 2 July 2013 13:19, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
color:
- Already ported? Richard?

Kinda. The color plugin does three things:

1. Registers all the profiles in the users home directory
2. Adds and removes outputs as they come and go
3. Applies the gamma ramp settings for the outputs

In weston I've added 2 and 3 to the compositor CMS plugin itself, and
this works well. We still need to do 1 even using weston.

With gnome-shell, it's not been decided if we should just use the
weston CMS plugin (no scene graph logic) or re-implement it there. I
think it makes sense to split the existing color plugin into color and
color-x11 and only load the latter for !wayland.

If this is okay, I'll make the needed changes this week.

Richard.