Re: Wayland porting in gnome-settings-daemon

On Wed, 2013-07-03 at 16:43 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
On Tue, 2013-07-02 at 14:19 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:

gnome-desktop is going to need porting, and that's going to be one of
the hardest bits (XRandR support including backlight, and IDLETIME
wrapper).

How does one do multiple monitors in Wayland?  I suppose libXrandr is
not available at all?

It's not available. The compositor would be responsible for handling the
outputs, so we'd move the configuration/enumeration/etc. to the
compositor. The compositor/gnome-shell would then use XRandR or poke at
the outputs directly, depending on the backend. This is also necessary
to handle rotation in a nice way.