Re: [gnome-women] ideas for the new OPW round and spreading the word

On 26/10/2013 07:33 μμ, Ekaterina Gerasimova wrote:
On 26 October 2013 17:12, Efstathios Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)
<iefstathios gmail com> wrote:
On 21/10/2013 10:42 μμ, Ekaterina Gerasimova wrote:
>From the point of view of attracting people to the OPW, I would say
that part of the aim is to make those newcomers part of the community
and the community is (irrelevant of whether it's a good thing or a bad
thing), mostly used English to communicate.

I would prefer to see a task to get all documentation (and possibly UI
string) translations up to 100% because help.gnome.org gets lots of
views of the translated pages. On the other hand, as I have not done
translations before, I don't know if this is enough material for a
three month internship.
After my presentation at the university, I had 2 women interested (I added
their mails here. I asked them to register to mailing list).

Well, do you think that we better translate everything we see at:
https://l10n.gnome.org/teams/el/

Not sure where help.gnome.org is translated but I hope at the above link.
SInce it's my first time, I'm not sure about the amount of the pages that
must be translated. Can someone help me?
Pages from help.gnome.org appear at
https://l10n.gnome.org/languages/el/gnome-3-12/doc/ and go on the
website after every release.

Friedel Wolff and Ihar Hrachyshka have mentored women for the OPW
before, so you may want to talk to them.

Hello,

I sent mails to Friedel and Ihar and got replies.
Well, our language is close to 100% translated. I'm thinking to have 3.12 translated and reviewed (GUI and DOCS). Then start translating everything else, except the older versions (3.08 and 3.10). I'll try to write the proposal at the website. If someone wants to correct what I'll write, please do it. Until now I have 3 women that want to apply for translation and one wants to apply for artwork (I don't know how to help her on that). So if you can point me someone (name-mail) that she can contact directly, it would be nice.

Thanks for your help.
Have phun,
Stathis