Re: [gnome-women] ideas for the new OPW round and spreading the word

On 19 October 2013 11:58, Efstathios Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)
<iefstathios gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

Since it's the first time I'm trying this, is it OK to add a marketing task
to organize and translate the Greek GNOME.gr Wiki page?
Right now our wiki have old information how to translate. GNOME's wiki is
huge and it's impossible to translate it 100%. But let's make a start and
then continue from that point forward.

Hi, that strikes me as a bit of a futile task as large parts of the
wiki is outdated as it is, and many parts would not benefit from
translation (for example, the docs team pages have instructions on how
to contribute to docs, for which one must have good English skills).

From the point of view of attracting people to the OPW, I would say
that part of the aim is to make those newcomers part of the community
and the community is (irrelevant of whether it's a good thing or a bad
thing), mostly used English to communicate.

I would prefer to see a task to get all documentation (and possibly UI
string) translations up to 100% because help.gnome.org gets lots of
views of the translated pages. On the other hand, as I have not done
translations before, I don't know if this is enough material for a
three month internship.

Please let me know, so I'll add the task to the page.
Thanks for your help
Stathis