[gnome-women] Welcome to G-W (was: Re: DW)

A friendly Hello to all Gnome-Women out there! :)

Chào bạn

in my language.

On 11/08/2005, at 6:20 PM, Runa B wrote:

Thanks Clytie, this is a very neatly collated-list of the basic problems that most of us face in countries where women are new to the tech-world and thats the reason we tend to yearn for forums where we are not made to look silly and can be comparitively comfortable. Same goes for newbies.

Thankyou for appreciating it. It's always hard to summarize such a big topic. It really helps to hear what you say. :)

Forums like DW or GW stretch beyond geographical boundaries and can perhaps help set the precedent for the other existing or new forums like regional lugs etc. :)

Oh, I hope so. I know a lot of the regional LUGs can be quite unpleasant for us, really "men-only" areas where you get the worst kind of reception. :( Unfortunately, there are plenty of places online which are the same. D-W and G-W have the opportunity to hold out a hand of encouragement to all the women who are struggling to improve their cultural situation through the tech. explosion. I really want to see more Asian women here and on D-W. We can help each other so much. :) (I want to see women from all areas and occupations!)

Then Mary said:

Thanks for these suggestions. I hope both we and you can put them into
practice on the GNOME Women lists. (You get to be as "old hand" as any
of us, on such a new list ;) )

Thankyou very much for appreciating them. I also hope we can encourage people here. I do like the idea of a new list making it easier for people to take the plunge. ;)