[gnome-women] Getting a Web Site Up & Logo Contest status

So here's my first stab at some content for our web page together:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomenWebPageDraft

It's frustrating how long it's taken to get everything set up. I think
the main issue is that we don't have enough recruits. It's hard to
actively recruit because we don't have a web site to point people at in
order to recruit, so not many people know about the project.

What is blocking the web site? Well, not having a logo. But no longer; I
think we should just get the content up, sans prettiness if we have to,
and we can always pretty it up later.

Which leads me to another topic - the logo contest results. Some logos
have received multiple votes from the same ip address, something I
enabled in the polling system because I knew a few people voting in the
poll were going to show up as having the same ip address from nat pools,
etc. This proved to be an unwise decision as some logos received as many
as 15 votes (40% of the total vote!) from the same IP address, and it's
unclear how to proceed. As Diana is the resident graphic designer, I'd
like leave the final decision in her hands, but I'm not sure how
everyone else feels about it.

Anyway, just an update from my front; my goal is to get a bare-bones web
site up by the end of this week and to then start sending emails out. It
would be nice to send announcements to university computer science
departments. Does this seem like a good plan? I can also talk to the
Marketing team and see if they'd be cool with a spot on the gnome.org
front page to point at the GNOME Women web site sometime in the future.

~m