Re: WP for projects.gnome.org

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 15:33, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

> So the stuff Frederic linked to seems more about making splash pages
> for apps we want to highlight, and less about full pages for projects.
>
> I want to put information up about using Yelp and the Yelp tools for
> creating, managing, and publishing help. This includes information on
> the build tools, the verification tools, and the supported Mallard
> extensions and style hints.

Yeah, this wouldn't be really for projects like Yelp and for
information regarding build tools and other development issues.

> The audience is people who want to deploy help and are considering
> using the free software tools GNOME has developed for documentation.

Do you think projects which are not related to development should
require WordPress for their website projects? If the cases that don't
fit in www.gnome.org are only those related to development, we can
start focusing for real on your great idea of reorganizing
developer.gnome.org[1] (the yelp and mallard information would then go
to this wp-powered developer area).

Reorganizing the development area was one of the items in my GSoC, and
while I couldn't do it in time I'm still planning to work on it.

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-web-list/2011-March/msg00006.html

Thank you!

--
Vinicius Depizzol <vdepizzol gmail com>