Re: WP for projects.gnome.org

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 14:55 -0200, Vinicius Depizzol wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 14:48, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Is there any possibility of using WordPress for a projects.gnome.org
> > replacement? Maintaining project pages with the current system is a
> > pain. I know it's been talked about. Has anybody worked on it. Is
> > there anything I can do to help?
>
> Hey, Shaun.
>
> What features are you planning to put in the project website? If it's
> only about explaining about the project with text and screenshots, the
> applications area for gnome.org I've been working on[1] seems to work
> fine.

So the stuff Frederic linked to seems more about making splash pages
for apps we want to highlight, and less about full pages for projects.

I want to put information up about using Yelp and the Yelp tools for
creating, managing, and publishing help. This includes information on
the build tools, the verification tools, and the supported Mallard
extensions and style hints.

The audience is people who want to deploy help and are considering
using the free software tools GNOME has developed for documentation.

--
Shaun