Re: WP for projects.gnome.org

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 14:48, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Is there any possibility of using WordPress for a projects.gnome.org
> replacement? Maintaining project pages with the current system is a
> pain. I know it's been talked about. Has anybody worked on it. Is
> there anything I can do to help?

Hey, Shaun.

What features are you planning to put in the project website? If it's
only about explaining about the project with text and screenshots, the
applications area for gnome.org I've been working on[1] seems to work
fine.

And if you are planning to keep a blog on it, with posts about
releases etc, we could integrate gnome.org post system to allow that
and put blog posts inside the app page. We just need to discuss a few
things regarding GNOME News[2] first.

[1] As Frederic pointed out, this is an example at WPTEST:
http://wptest.gnome.org/projects/gnome-tweak-tool/

[2] Allan pointed a few ideas to organize GNOME News at
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2011-October/msg00064.html

--
Vinicius Depizzol <vdepizzol gmail com>
http://vinicius.depizzol.com.br