Re: t-shirt contest broken again

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 10:26:15AM -0700, Christer Edwards wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > It would certainly help to know what's broken in the files when they get
> > overwritten, so we can fix the issue.
>
> The biggest and main problem is that the 'formsubmit.php' file in
> /contest/ gets overwritten with a copy of index.html. This means when
> someone posts from the form, it sends the form data to an html file
> which, of course, doesn't do anything. If someone can have a look and
> see why 'formsubmit.php' is being overwritten it'd go a long way.
>
> I've also noticed that 'index.html', 'error.html.php' and
> 'thank-you.html.php' are getting duplicate header and footers. Those
> are pretty easy to fix, and is merely cosmetic, but is still
> problematic.
>
> I'm available all day via email and IRC (cedwards) if anyone needs me
> to work with them to get this solved.

Don't work on the server, work via commits. Yes, gnomeweb-wml adds
headers and footers to each file. This is as designed.

To avoid it, you'll have to modify the build system, not work on the
server!

gnomeweb-wml will update the site after each commit, this is as
designed. People should not have to go to the server to update this.

There is a file in the module which describes how to setup gnomeweb-wml
for yourself. Then you can test locally and then commit(push).

--
Regards,
Olav