Re: wgo i18n

Jens W. Klein schrieb:
Am Thu, 07 May 2009 11:59:18 +0200 schrieb Ramon Navarro Bosch:
[..]
As I was on the begining process that designed Plone WGO I can explain
how it was expected to work the i18n:

As gnome uses po/pot files to their translators and it wasn't possible
to change we decided to use their po2xml/xml2po[1][2]. Using this
software we where able to have a xml files for each translation, using
xslt to create the correct xml that PloneMarshall(or XLIFF if it works
correct on LinguaPlone) needs and import them using webdav.
[..]

Ah! This is the missing bit and it makes much sense. I'am not good in XSLT, but I can integrate and update the XLIFF marshaller.

There is also a mail from Quim about a dialog with someone from the translation team:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2006-October/msg00142.html

The mentioned python programs xml2po can be extended and gathered xhtml support since then. The actual repository is here:

http://git.gnome.org./cgit/gnome-doc-utils/

..Carsten